How Do We Protect Our Children From Pornography and Other Worldly Perversions?
The world is lost. If you follow it, you will be lost too. You cannot passively live in the world and just accept whatever media, music, and other cultural soundboxes broadcast day in and day out. In fact, Proverbs 4:22 tell us to protect our hearts diligently (daily) because that’s where the issues of life come from for each individual. Your heart condition means the level of your soul (mind, will, and emotions). When the Bible talks about the heart it usually means the soul and spirit. (More on humans are a three-part being here).
Pornography is one perversion that is taking our natural normal sexual desires and going to the extreme. Taking sex, which is a natural and beautiful act of intimacy between a husband and a wife, and turning it into a selfish act. In the end, the purpose of pornography is to pervert the beauty of marriage and the ultimate relationship between a man and woman.
Guys are driven more by what they see, than gals who are more led by how they feel generally speaking. Therefore guys are more susceptible to getting locked up in watching the junk of the world rather than protecting their hearts. You have make sure you’re protecting your sons and daughters before puberty (What is the Age of Accountability?). How do we protect our children?
- Address the issue directly by explaining that the private areas of the opposite sex for guys and gals are only to be seen by the future spouse
- Explain how enemy wants to enslave people to bad habits that lead to destruction and death John 10:10). God has something much better
- Avoid giving devices with internet access to children as long as possible when they are young
- When you do have to give a device to a child, make sure you have tested and installed some protective software or settings that do actually block all the perversion on the net.
- Eliminate devices and their usage from private rooms. Be a family and keep bedrooms for sleeping. If your kid needs to use a computer, have them use it around dad or mom in the kitchen or living room or somewhere else that they can be helped and monitored.
The darkness of the world is increasing. But that means the light of Christians (Jesus people) is getting brighter and brighter. More people are getting smart about the shallowness of the worlds ways, and are turning to Jesus Christ every day. Even unbelievers know in their consciences (some call the voice of your spirit) what is right and what is wrong. But believers have even more tools from the Bible to stand against the darkness.
In order to protect our children, we need to invest time in them. We need to talk with them. We need to be a part of their daily lives. We need to raise our children not let them be programmed with the ways of darkness by their teachers at school. Remember that Jesus people must be victors not victims.
1 John 5:4-5
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
Thanks for reading FaithPro! You are here because you want to know the truth, and the truth of the Word will set you free! Don’t keep the freedom to yourself! Share with others via the buttons below. One Word from God can change someone’s life forever. Jesus is Lord!
Read More- What Does The Bible Say About Pornography?