What Can I Do When I Retire?
Don’t sit around the house and feel sorry for yourself. Don’t tell us how your family is all to busy to come see you. Have a life! Life your own life and be thankful for the children that you influenced for the Lord in your life. Retirement is not the end!
If you need to retire, retire from the company. Then find a new job. Stay active so you can stay healthy both mentally and physically. Many pastors would be so appreciative to have you a church. There are so many things you can do to influence youth and the coming generations. YOU can make a difference! First of all, make sure you’re in a good church that is Spirit-filled and has leadership committed to teaching the uncompromised Word of God. Here are some examples of what you can do both inside and outside your church.
- Help out at your church as an usher, greeter, or some other way on meeting days
- Lead people to Jesus and show them how to walk in His abundant life.
- Assist one of the Bible teachers at your church
- Start a weekly Bible study in your area
- Make a good friend and go out with them to pray for the sick, encourage people, and show the love of your church to your community
- Work a job where you can be around people in retail, a home centers, a shopping mall, a train station, an airport
- Go on a mission with your church and help people in another country
- Start your own company so no one can tell you to retire and use all your resources to reach people for Jesus
- Learn a musical instrument to that you can lead people in worship
- Go to a retirement home and encourage people, lead them to Jesus, and get them baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Teach a class at the local college
- Take a class that will teach you something you can put to use for others.
The possibilities are infinite for what you can do. Many times you should focus on using your gifts and talents for the Lord and the Holy Spirit will bless that in many multiples. There are so many things you can do with yourself where you can be a positive influence on people. There is no reason to retire, lose your health, and die. God wants you to live long and He wants you to live strong.
Read the Full article on God’s view on retirement here.