What Questions Should I Ask My Future Spouse Before Marriage?
Before we drive, we have to study and practice to get that driver’s license. It takes study and effort to be a good driver. The requirements to get a marriage license are much lower. Any man and woman who are willing to marry can get that marriage license or register to be married legally. Besides accepting Jesus and being baptized in the Holy Spirit, marriage is one of the most important life decisions one could make.
As marriage is an important decision, marrying a committed Christian spouse is the number one requirement you should have for a potential life mate. Just because you meet someone at church doesn’t automatically qualify them as a good partner. There are many more questions you should ask your considered life partner before you begin planning that marriage. You should ask questions such as
- Have you had sex before? With more than one person?
- Have you ever been married before?
- Do you have children?
- Have you got any loans?
- Do you have credit card debt?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy?
- What is your annual income?
- Is that cars yours or someone else’s?
- How much money do you make after you pay all your expenses each month?
- Do you have issues with anger or violence?
- Are your parents divorced? Were they ever married?
- Are there any infidelity or extramarital affairs in your family?
- Is that all your hair?
- How do you look without makeup?
- How long have you been working at that job?
- Do you have any health issues?
There are many questions you should ask your potential life spouse. Why? Whomever you choose is what you are stuck with for life. The higher your standards, the more potential you have for life. In Malachi 2:16, God is very clear that He hates divorce. Genesis tells us that the two become one flesh when they marry. Divorce is not an option unless the marriage covenant is broken by a married person having sexual intercourse with someone other than their spouse. Even in the case of infidelity, many loving committed Christians have forgiven their spouse and God has been able to restored hopeless marriages of people who have prayed over their spouses and marriages.
Marriage is something that should not be decided on a feeling. Love is a choice and people who love God first will always find it easy to love each other. After all, the Bible describes all committed Christians relationship with God as a marriage. We who love God and keep His Word (the Bible) are called the bride of Christ. He is our groom.
Thanks for reading FaithPro! You are here because you want to know the truth, and the truth of the Word will set you free! Don’t keep the freedom to yourself! Share with others via the buttons below. One Word from God can change someone’s life forever. Jesus is Lord!